Data loggers LT for wastewater and rainwater networks
SOFREL LT-US: waste water flow measurement
SOFREL LT: CSO monitoring application
SOFREL LT-US EX: Flow measurement in ATEX environment
Data loggers designed to monitor wastewater and rainwater networks
Innovative and simple to install, SOFREL LT and LT-US provide an effective and economical solution to the instrumentation needs for wastewater networks:
- Monitoring of Combined Sewer Overflows,
- Continuous diagnostics,
- Autonomous sampler control...
GPRS data loggers designed to be installed in buried manholes
Our LT data loggers are specially designed to be installed in manholes liable to flooding.
Their sturdy design and military-strength connections guarantee total watertightness (IP68). Their clamping ring enables the user to access the SIM card and the battery on site.
They are powered by a lithium battery with a battery life of up to 10 years.
Their GSM communication modes (SMS or GPRS) are based on a high-performance internal antenna specially designed for use in a buried manhole (an external antenna can be used if GSM signal reception is difficult).
Designed according to an industrial process and manufactured to the most demanding quality standards, the LT data loggers are covered by a 3-year warranty.
Reliability of transmissions
Although GSM coverage is broadly speaking quite adequate above ground, reception level can easily drop by 30 dB in underground installations such as sewer overflows or metering enclosures.
LACROIX Sofrel has thus relied on its expertise in electronics and telecoms and has invested a great deal in developing a very high-performance antenna.
SOFREL LT data loggers transmit their historical values and balances/reports every day to 1 or 2 PCWin2 SCADA Central Stations, a supervisory control software system, an OPC server or an LS web server. The network contract operator can then extract recorded data and draw up its operating reports.
On a change of state in a digital input (DI, level thresholds exceeded, sensor fault), the data logger can issue an alarm to a mobile telephone.
Easy to install and use
LACROIX Sofrel has endeavoured to offer products that are very easy to implement and use:
- Local maintenance is activated by an activation key. When activated, a visual diagnosis with LEDs of different colours let you control start-up/shutdown, the presence of the SIM card, the connection to the GSM network and reception level.
- The highly practical Bluetooth link enables the technician to work on the configuration, including outside the manhole. He can perform GSM communication tests (search the GSM operator offering the best coverage, test the positioning of the LS in the manhole, etc.). Data can also be processed on site via a Bluetooth link.
Energy autonomous, equipped with a high-performance GSM antenna, watertight (IP68), the SOFREL LT-US meets the instrumentation needs of water networks.
Thanks to its ultrasonic sensor for level measurement, the LT-US data logger enables continuous monitoring of flow into collectors or discharges into the natural environment.
Simple to set up, offering excellent autonomy (battery powered), the LT-US provides a perfectly optimized solution for the control and exploitation of waste water and rainwater networks:
LEVEL AND FLOW MEASUREMENT FUNCTIONS
- Using special SOFREL CSV sensor
- High reliability detection
- Ultrasonic sensor, measurement range 0.2 - 3 m
- Accuracy: +/- 3 mm
- Cable length: 5 m
- 2 optional AI for external sensor 4-20 mA
Calculations and archiving
- Flow calculation by conversion tables
- Daily calculation of flow-related volume
- Management of alert thresholds by level or flow
- Archiving of measurements according to variable periods (automatic change of period upon event, for example: overflow)
Signalling and warnings
- Digital inputs (DI) assignable to contacts or to SOFREL CSV overflow sensors
- In the event of a status change or threshold being exceeded:
- Communication to centralization system
- SMS alert issued
An ultrasonic sensor entirely controlled by the data logger
Fully integrated into the LT-US, the sensor is directly powered by the data logger battery. Combined with an overflow detector and thanks to its variable archiving frequency (e.g.: every 30 min. in normal periods then every min. during overflows), the operating endurance of the LT-US can be as long as 10 years.
The data logger is started up and its sensor calibrated very easily thanks to the SOFTOOLS graphical user interface via a Bluetooth link.
The remote sensor (up to 5 metres away), placed as close as possible to the effluents being measured, maintains the data logger in the best area of GSM reception (the highest point in the manhole).
SOFREL LT: An effective response to combined sewer overflow self-monitoring needs:
Equipped with complex archiving functions, LT data loggers enable remote management of combined sewer overflows, diagnostics on waste and rain water networks and the supply of data related to auto-monitoring to operators.
Essential tools for monitoring discharge and self-monitoring of waste water networks, SOFREL LT GPRS data loggers are perfectly suited to installation constraints in buried combined sewer overflows :
- reinforced watertightness (IP68 certified 100 days - 1 m of water),
- powered by very long life batteries (up to 10 years),
- GPRS Communication,
- simple to install and operate…
Offering 4 digital inputs (DI) for event signalling (buffer opening, occurrence of overflows, sensor faults, etc.) and 2 optional analogue inputs (AI) (level measurement), the SOFREL LT combines functions which enable it to:
- Connect to overflow sensors (SOFREL CSV or others),
- Measure the level via 4-20 mA ultrasound sensors (sensor directly powered by LT at 12V),
- Calculate daily overflow numbers and times,
- Time-stamp each overflow event
- Automatically archive water height according to variable time periods (e.g. power supply for ultrasound sensor and recording of level during periods of rain),
- Transmit data for self-monitoring reports, etc.
Energy autonomous, equipped with a high-performance GSM antenna, watertight (IP68), the SOFREL LT-US EX meets the instrumentation needs of water networks.
Thanks to its ultrasonic sensor for level measurement, the LT-US EX data logger enables continuous monitoring of flow into collectors or discharges into the natural environment.
Simple to set up, offering excellent autonomy (battery powered), the LT-US EX provides a perfectly optimized solution for the control and exploitation of waste water and rainwater networks.
SOFREL LT-US EX: Flow measurement in ATEX environment
Flow measurement in ATEX environment
Monitoring Combined Sewer Overflows
• Overflow detection using ultrasound sensor or radar
• Metering the number of overflows
• Record overflow durations
• Effluent flow and volume measurement
Flow measurement in open waste water collectors
• Accurate effluent flow and volume measurement using ultrasound sensor or radar
• Discharge or negative flow detection
• Hatch open detection
• Daily balance of water volume transiting the network
Monitoring discharges leaving the network
• Effluent flow and volume measurement using ultrasound sensor or radar
• Backflow detection (secondary or river water)
• Grating open detection
• Daily balance of water volume discharged into the natural environment
Monitoring of micro pumping stations
• Monitoring upper/lower/overflow levels using float switches
• Daily balance of various statuses
• Alert on exceeding level thresholds (overflows)