Waste water treatment application
Modular Telemetry and SCADA remote terminal units for remote control and management
The product of more than 35 years' experience in telemetry and SCADA and benefiting from a modular technical base, the Remote Terminal Units of the S500 range offer an industrial solution combining performance, ease of implementation and usability for all monitoring, process control and remote management applications used on technical installations of water and waste water treatment networks, boiler rooms and air-conditioning installations, industrial and commercial refrigeration units, street lighting networks, utilities in industry, and more.
The S500 telemetry and SCADA Remote Terminal Units:
- optimize the management of technical sites spread over a number of locations through permanent monitoring of the operation of installations,
- alert you if problems arise on remote or isolated sites,
- enable you to automate processes and control devices remotely.
A complete range
The S500 Remote Terminal Unit range includes 3 products offering solutions for installations of any size and any functional requirements.
- SOFREL S510: simplified Remote Terminal Unit
- SOFREL S530: compact Remote Terminal Unit
- SOFREL S550: upgradeable Remote Terminal Unit with its extension modules
The various telemetry and SCADA functions
Designed to meet the supervisory remote management needs of technical installations, the SOFREL S500 Remote Terminal Unit telemetry and SCADA range offers numerous functions: remote alarming, telemetry, remote counting, telecontrol, archives, reports, process control, network communication, etc.
The S500 Remote Terminal Units federate, safeguard and automate isolated or dispersed technical sites, and offer users shorter response times while cutting operating and running costs.
Operation and communication
For easy and user-friendly operation, the Remote Terminal Units of the S500 range rely on the use of standard tools like a web browser and can communicate via numerous transmission media: PSTN, GSM/GPRS, DL/PL, radio, Ethernet etc.
The graphics display built into the S530 and S550 enable you to view the entire installation without any special device.
Alarm reporting and stand-by duty management
The alarm reporting function , designed to alert the right person at any time and place, sends voice or SMS messages. With just a telephone or PC, the duty officer is informed of the fault, can remotely carry out initial diagnostics and, if necessary, take action on the installation (telecontrol, modify setpoints, etc.).
Process control and calculation
Fully Modular in terms of inputs/outputs and communications, the SOFREL S500 range is suitable for all types of application. It has a process control module enabling the contract operator to find a solution to run all its installations.
Remote management and process control of pumping stations
Equipped with the "Waste water treatment" software extension, the Remote Terminal Units of the SOFREL S500 range installed on the pumping stations or purification plants enable effective monitoring of the waste water networks.
Functions dedicated to waste water treatment
- Process control
- Pump operation permutations
- Operating safety measures
- Recognising sensor faults
- Excess flow processing
- Running time and start count for pumps
- Pumped volumes (hourly and daily)
- Flow from pumps
- Number and duration of overflows
- Detection of clogged pumps
- Detection of parasite water
Configuration in an intuitive graphic environment
- Parameters accessible from a graphic view of the pumping station
- Simple, fast implementation
- Operational flexibility
- Graphical display: overview of pumping station status (tank level, faults, etc. )
- Internet browser: consultation of alarm and operational logs (tables, start/stop curves for pumps, flows, etc.)
- Voice server and SMS: fault reported via alarm to duty officers
- Telemetry and SCADA PC: database archiving of operational statuses, volumes and flows